Monday, March 11, 2013

Quilting is Good for the Soul

Once again, it has been a while since I posted. Things have been up and down for me for the past month or so. For much of February, my hemoglobin levels with so low that I could barely function. The doctors adjusted my Ribavirin dose and put my on folic acid. The number is still quite low but climbing. Then we found my liver enzymes had spiked and I had a brief moment of panic where I thought the virus might be back, but it turned out to be a fluke.

I will tell you, that one little step up on my hemoglobin has done wonders though. I feel like a new girl again! I have gotten 4 quilting projects done in the 3 weeks! I can't show most of them to you because they are gifts but I do have a few pictures.

New quilt for the bed

A quilt for my husband


I am currently working on a postage stamp quilt made with all the scraps from the quilts I have made over the last 3 years. I got the pattern here, and I am almost finished with the second step. I will post a picture when it's finished.

Today, I finally found a simple pattern (no applique, paper piecing, or complicated patterns to cut out) for a sunflower block and am so freaking excited. I wish I had a car so I could go to Joann Fabrics today! I am going to incorporate it into a simple pattern and make a throw.

Sunflower Block!!!
I am also going to make a friend a T-Shirt quilt.

I love quilting. It really has giving me something to focus on besides this disease and it really makes me feel good to see my pieces finished and being used by people I love. I plan to start selling some soon.... stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment