Friday, September 30, 2011

A Wedding Day Photo: My Wheelchair

Ok, so this isn't going to be a real post, but my photographer just put a sneak peak of my wedding photographs on Facebook, and I just had to share one with you all.

I don't know if I talked about it before, but I really wanted a cover made for my chair in case I needed to use it at the ceremony. After paying so much for a dress. I didn't want the black chair taking away from the dress. Mom agreed to cover it and we asked the florist to make a bouquet that would sit on the back of the chair. Because they had never seen the chair I was worried about whether they could make it work.

It turned out gorgeous:


I mean, what bride wouldn't want to sit there.

I was actually kinda sad I didn't need it.

6 comments:

  1. I love the drapey fabric. I still haven't figured out what to do if I have to use my chair on the big day. I have a feeling if I don't prepare for the possibility I'll need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It kinda looks like a throne. It's a nice touch for the wheelchair during the wedding, in any case. You didn't need it for that moment, but it's nice that thought was put into spicing up the wheelchair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wandered over here via Etsy's blog http://www.etsy.com/blog/en/2012/dealing-with-disabilities-planning-an-accessible-wedding/?ref=fp_blog_title and just wanted to say that your chair and all of these photos are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also wandered over from Etsy. Great blog! Important for people without disabilities to see that brides (and people) with disabilities are under-represented in our media. Surely you're starting a positive trend to change that!

    ReplyDelete